This exciting scholarship, sponsored by Laserway on Davey, is for one member of the Tasmanian performing arts sector whose professional development would be enhanced through financial support for an activity that commnces during the period 1 August 2018 to 31 July 2019.
The scholarship is intended to allow a maximum of $2,500 and can be used for a variety of purposes including the cost of travel, living and other expenses incurred as part of the approved activity.
The Theatre Council of Tasmania (TCT) will administer the Laserway on Davey Scholarship. Once applications have closed, TCT will establish a panel of three industry representatives to assess the applications and to recommend one candidate. The recipient will be announced at an event with the official presentation made by the President of the TCT in consultation with Laserway representatives.
The eligibility criteria are:
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age restriction on the scholarship.
- Applicants must be residents of Tasmania.
- The professional development opportunity can be achieved via work experience, industry placement, internship, training events or similar activities associated with theatre such as acting, directing, producing, technical work, design or other related theatre fields.
- Applicants must be registered as an individual member of TCT at the time of application.
Please ensure you are registered as an individual member of TCT at the time you apply.
Your application should include your name, date of birth, address, phone contact and email address - and address each of the following items:
1. The Activity: State the purpose or goal of your proposed activity in approximately 20 words. Describe your proposed activity in approximately 100 words. Be succinct, use clear and simple terms that are easy to comprehend and avoid jargon or technical speak.
2. Education/Study: Outline your theatre background and experience and/or educational qualifications.
3. Proposed itinerary: State where the proposed activity will take place and the expected commencement and completion dates. Note that travel will not be approved to high risk countries (refer to the Department of Foreign Affairs at www.smarttraveller.com.au)
4. Fee request: Applicable only if you wish to undertake specific training or tuition, or to attend a conference applicable to your placement where a registration fee is required. Indicate the name of the tuition, course or conference and the expected fee in Australian currency. Fee requests must be supported by proof.
5. Reason for application: What experience do you have that makes you a suitable candidate to undertake the proposed activity? How will this development opportunity support your professional artistic practice? How will your professional development be applied for the benefit of the Tasmanian theatre sector?
6. References: Please provide at least two individual references to support your scholarship application:
Professional Reference: Preferably a Tasmanian who knows you in a professional capacity and has knowledge of your professional achievements and personal qualities. This reference should include the referee's knowledge and opinion regarding your personal and professional qualities, commitment to your profession and how you will benefit professionally from the proposed activity.
Placement Reference: Preferably someone who is familiar with the field and topic of the proposed activity and has knowledge of your standing in that field and its importance to the Tasmanian theatre community. This reference should include the referee's knowledge and opinion regarding the merit of the proposed activity, why it is a valuable opportunity for you and how you and the Tasmanian theatre community will benefit from you participating in the proposed activity
For more information and to submit a scholarship application, please email: email@example.com
**Applications for this scholarship have now closed**