The next Theatre Council of Tasmania AGM will be held in March-May 2018
Details will be added here early in 2018.
Purpose of meeting:
- Consider and accept the annual report
- Consider and accept the financial statements
- Appoint an auditor
- Elect board members including executive members
At the 2017 AGM, the following special resolutions were passed:
MENDMENTS TO TCT CONSTITUTION
4. Objects and purposes of the Association
(13) The making of a gift, subscription or donation to any of the funds, authorities or institutions to which section 78A of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 of the Commonwealth relates; *
5. Membership of Association
(15) The committee may grant honorary membership to any person who makes a significant voluntary contribution to the Association.
(16) A person who is granted honorary membership under subrule (15) is exempt from paying the annual subscription for any reasonable period determined by the committee but is otherwise considered to have the same rights, privileges and obligations as a member of the Association who has paid the annual subscription.
* Following consultation with The Australian Taxation Office, The Register of Cultural Organisations has requested that Object (13) in our constitution be removed as it relates to an earlier version of section 78A of the Income Tax Assessment Act 1936 and is no longer relevant.
Theatre Council of Tasmania